Friday 23 November 2007

Honeymoon


Sunset in the Galapagos

Galapagos Heron


We are not an ordinary couple, thankfully. So when we married, for our honeymoon did we go somewhere quiet, warm & relaxing on a beach in a hotel with a swimming pool? Hell no - far too easy! Why do that when you can cruise around the Galapagos Islands, spend a night in Lake Titicaca, climb the Inca trail to Macchu Picchu, then stay in the Amazon Jungle? I got mugged & had my wallet & passport stolen in Cuzco, had a nightmare getting a temporary passport from the bureaucrats in Lima nearly, missing my flight back, got very sick from the cold & the altitude in Titicaca such that I thought I'd have to pull out of the Inca Trail climb - but I wouldn't change it for anything else! Absolutely loved it!

No comments: